July 9, 2009

Girls Camp 2009


Our 3rd and 4th Year Girls

Hanging Out



Trying to cook over the fire


Working on Certification


Sister Carr--the leader, two youth leaders, and President Campbell--he was a big help in getting us a fire started. We had a lot of difficulty with fires (damp wood)


Making edible campfires--a lot of fun and much less smoke
It was a good year at camp. We attend Bear Creek Camp ground in the middle of Iowa. We went the first week of June. I was Sister Carr's assistant. We had the largest group and needed to feed 20 people--so meal time was stressful. We didn't have to dodge a tornado this year--yeah!! We did do a tornado drill--just in case. The weather was great--not too hot and humid. The nights were cold, though, but that's OK. We stayed dry until the last night--boo!! At 3 am it started pouring and poured until we got camp taken down. It let up just as we were leaving camp. My body didn't appreciate me, but I'm grateful for the experience.





1 comment:

Heidi said...

This looked so fun! I am sad I missed it. What's with all the trees where did those come from. When I went to camp it was like wide open HOT land!!! no shade!